Is there a way to host lessons with progress tracking on Confluence?

My company hosts lessons on a Wordpress site that our clients can go register and go through and it provides a progress tracker of how far into a lesson they have gone. Is there a way to do something like this on Confluence for our clients that can only be accessed by those we grant that permission too?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I would definitely use something like this too. I don't know of any existing solutions but would love to know about one if someone else does!

You might want to try the Gilly or Connector for Learndot add-ons.

Both do what you want, both are free, and both have 5 stars in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Perfect, these look great.  However, would we need to pay additional user license fees for each person we want to grant password access to these courses? (using Confluence Cloud)

Hi Andrew,

If you want to be able to track individual users then yes, you'll have to give them individual accounts.  However, the licensing goes up in tiers, so you won't have to pay extra every time a individual account is added, just when you you go to the next tier.

@Andrew Kiser how exactly does the progress tracker in your Wordpress work - is it automatic or does the user need to acknowledge progress in some way? If this is an off-the-shelf Wordpress plugin, can you link to it?

It's a wordpress plugin called LearnDasb I believe. At the end of each section the user can mark it as 'completed' so it's manual. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

104 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you