Is there a way to globally edit the "in space" parameter for the Content by Label Macro?

Here is my use case:

The contents of Space A (containing the Content by Label macro) were migrated to Space B.

However, the Content by Label Macro still shows Space A as the target macro - thereby causing the newly-migrated pages to Space B not showing up in the macro's output.

Any input would be appreciated.  

Thank you.

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 21, 2017

I just added a label to a page, set up the content by label macro to point at it, then moved the page to another space. The Content by Label macro still "found" the page on the other space.

I suspect an indexing issue on your instance. If it's hosted by you, please try reindexing from this guide:
Content Index Administration and if that doesn't work, rebuilding the content indexes from scratch as described in How to rebuild the content indexes from scratch on Confluence server

If this is a Cloud instance, you won't be able to reindex, so if the issue persists, please open a support request at https://getsupport.atlassian.com.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 21, 2017

I just realized you set the "in space" parameter as you mentioned in the title of your question - sorry for the mistake.

There is no way to bulk update the macro in the UI. The cleanest way I can think of to do it would be by exporting the space to XML, doing a search and replace based on the macro and then re-importing the space.

Do you have too many pages with broken macros to update manually? You can see where the macro is used on the Confluence Admin>Macro Usage page.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

346 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you