Is there a way to extend the Smart Dropdown size?

Curtis Freudigmann May 28, 2019

I have two forms, in the first form there is a regular drop down and a text field. I have it set up where a user can select an option from the dropdown and then type a value in the text box. This allows a user to select the option from the original dropdown in a Smart dropdown in the second form, and depending on which option is selected, all values entered in the the text field that correspond to that option are shown in a second Smart Dropdown in that second form.

When I use the first Smart Dropdown and look at the values here, only some are visible and the scroll bar stops and does not show all values. I can type the value and pick the one I want but it will not show automatically. Please view the picture below.

dropdownCutoff.PNG

I have looked at a few other threads on the Atlassian Community and was also wondering if there will be an option soon to be able to only show individual values rather than each unique entry. For example, in the above picture I would only like to see Apps Admin once, and only see Infrastructure once etc..

Thanks

-Curtis

2 answers

0 votes
Curtis Freudigmann June 3, 2019

I have been working on this for a few days and am quite stuck on a few things. When I use a MultiSelect field and a Smart Dropdown field, I cannot get the Smart Dropdown to show the options if I have more than one option selected in the MultiSelect. I also have not been able to figure out how to remove duplicate values within the MultiSelect.

If there is anyone that has been able to accomplish this please let me know.

Thanks

-Curtis

0 votes
Jan May 29, 2019

...same question here (size of dropdown): Users may believe that these are all available options, even though more are hiding at the bottom 

Curtis Freudigmann May 31, 2019

Jan I discovered that if you use a multi-select field that this dropdown issue is no longer present. My form will actually be using a multi select so that fixed this part for me.. but now I cant get the second dropdown to pull the values if I have more than one option from the first one selected. So working on that now. It has to be how I am filtering it, just don't have enough experience to figure it out right at this moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events