Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to export a space on one Cloud site, and import it under a different name?

Gary Griffith January 30, 2020

So - we have 2 Atlassian Cloud sites and are exporting and importing spaces.   However, someone got ahead of themselves and created a space in the new site with the same name as a critical space in our old site.

Is there a way to export the space from the old system, and get it imported into the new system under a new name?  I looked at the XML export, and maybe that can be SED'd, but at this point I'd be hacking so I'm looking for some reassurance that there is a good way to do this.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

Hi @Gary Griffith

I have not experienced this with a cloud to cloud migration, but came across this issue when going from server to cloud a few years ago. 

Yes, the XML can be edited but that was quite a task and introduced new challenges. 

Again, this was my experience going from server to cloud but the workaround could work the same way.

Here's what I did:

1. Created a new space with a different name in the old site

2. Moved the pages into the new space with the different name

3. Exported from the old site

4. Imported the space with the different name into the new site

5. Moved the pages into the existing space in the new site and deleted the "staging" space. 

You may want to try testing that out with a test space first since you're going Cloud to Cloud but curious if that works for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events