Is there a way to create a list of default statuses?

Sten Savtšuk January 19, 2023

I am trying to use page properties report for parent page and page properties for children. I want to assign statuses to child pages in a page properties column. but statuses macro only allows to create custom statuses each time. is there a way I could set a list of default statuses to a column of page properties, where people can choose from?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Hi @Sten Savtšuk, welcome to the community!

You will not be able to define a list of default statuses with the page properties without using additional apps in Confluence. There a specific "status" apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace. But you have content statuses available in Confluence that you can utilize, so let me guide you through a different solution. (Docs: Add a status to your page or blog)

As you're already using page properties, you might want to check out our app Orderly Databases for Confluence. It's like tables and page properties but on steroids (and in smart) 😄 So here's two ways to solve your use case:

Using Confluence content statuses in Orderly

First, you can replace your current page properties report macro with a dynamic Orderly database. The approach differs from page properties as the database lives in a space and not on a single page in a read-only table report.

It can then be displayed on any page in different ways (dynamics table, board, cards, filtered, etc.) or only as a single entry with available macros. 

The gif below shows you a snippet of a table in Orderly with linked pages and their page status (and some other metadata you usually add to pages), which you can view and edit inline and it will be updated everywhere.

Page+Status+Short.gif

Using a custom status select list in Orderly

You can also decide to create a select list for your users to choose values from and use them in the database. My example is a list for priority values:

orderly_change_color_select.png

The result can look like this:

select_list_orderly.gif

I hope that I was able to help you a bit. Let me know if you have further questions. Have a great day!🤘🏼

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events