Is there a way to create a custom search results template for a specific space?

mfarrell March 9, 2018

We have created a space in Confluence that we want our customers to use for finding answers to their questions. We are using the Live Search Plug-in and when our customer type in their question one of two things can happen:

1. if they see the question that matches what they want and pick it from the live results list then they are taken to that page and everything is fine.

2. if they don't see the answer to their question and just hit enter then the search results appear in the default template which we don't want them to see.

I want to know if there is a way that we can control the search results template just for this space? I don't want to make a change to the global template.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2018

Hi - I cannot find the Live Search plugin on the Atlassian Marketplace. Is it possible you are using the Live Search macro or the Instant Search add-on?

Please insert a screen shot of the default search template you prefer the users not to see, so I can better understand your use case. Thanks!

mfarrell March 13, 2018

The search template we don't want them to see is below.

Specifically we don't want them to see the Header or the left panel.

2018-03-13_9-50-10.png

You are correct we are using the Livesearch Macro

2018-03-13_9-51-46.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2018

You can hide elements on a specific space by going to Space Tools>Look and Feel and using CSS as described in How to hide elements in Confluence using CSS or JavaScript I look forward to hearing whether this is viable for your scenario.

mfarrell March 13, 2018

Ann, Thank you for your response. I am able to hide the elements within the space. That part seems to be working just fine. It's only when the user hits enter in the search box then it seems like the search results template is not unique to the Space. It seems like it most be more of a global element. I'm afraid if I make changes to the Search Results template it will affect it on every other site which I don't want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events