Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to count hits from mobile users?

Adrian Reid March 2, 2016

I'm writing software documentation that mostly gets browsed by people on desktops at the office. This will no doubt change as more people move to their mobile devices. Before I revise all my documentation to ensure it's mobile friendly I would like to know how many hits the documentation gets from mobile users. Are there any Confluence plugins that do this? Could a macro do this? Or has anyone tried Google Analytics for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2016

Yes. Google Analitics is a good tool to see how many request are from a mobile device. I am using this tool and this information is enough to see the % of users. I am not aware of any Confluence plugins for that.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

Totally agreed. Analytics is the way to go. Google's tool is free and appropriate for this type of information gathering.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events