Is there a way to control the pages distribution in a confluence document?

Ilan Graidy April 7, 2022

When a confluence page is being converted to pdf file (probably .doc in addition), the data is spread across the pages without the ability to decide in a specific location that it's considered a new page.

This is causing visibility issues. I can write a new headline at the end of 1 page and the text afterwards is written in the next pdf page.

What I need is a way to tell the pdf converter: "this text from here starts in a new page..."

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

hi @Ilan Graidy , AFAIK there is not a solution for this in Cloud. There used to be a means in the old editor using the Formatting > Div macro but we lost that and we don't have the ability to create our own macros. There is an open suggestion you may wish to vote/watch - CONFCLOUD-28115 - New macro: Provide page break macro 

Ilan Graidy April 7, 2022

Hi,

Many thanks. I voted for this feature.

I would like to mention 1 thing though. I'm in the SW business for more than 10 years and pdf documents are vastly used among Engineers. If you want people to write light documents in confluence then you should implement basic things, and this is one of them.

I can tell you that each time I'm considering on writing a document that will be spread across several Engineers, instead of picking Confluence immediately, then I need to think of the possible complications...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Don't disagree. Good feedback to share with Atlassian in that issue. While I don't currently export much and when I do the importance of page breaks is rare, I can understand where this would be desirable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events