Is there a way to backup a Confluence wiki into version control (GitHub)?

Peter Snider December 13, 2012

I'm investigating using Confluence as our company wiki.

I've used it in the past and have liked it. My company requires that all wiki content be saved to GitHub.

Is there a way to do this using Confluence? I looked at the add-ons and the marketplace, but couldn't find this.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Snider December 18, 2012

There appears to be no way to do what I need.

I'm looking for a hosted solution, so there would have to be an API to get chang sets and updated pages.

I couldn't find either API.

1 vote
Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

I don't think such a thing exists to do exactly that but, you can piece your own solution together. I found the Confluence autoexport plugin in the marketplace. You could use this plugin to export to file on change and then have a git client sync the exported files to a repo if you need to upload this instantly.

If your site wasn't to large you could also use rest or xml-rpc to cause an export of a space to xml, or html (would include attachments) and then sync with git. This would be more of a batch bachup.

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

Hello there,

I'm not sure about it, but, you can perform the backup through WebDAV integrated with GitHub.

Hope it point some light for you.

All the best,

Giuliano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events