Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to allow people to search and filter alt text in a confluence page?

Anna Meyer December 14, 2017

I have created an illustration library and it is growing. I can specify what the illustration is through alt text, but I would like to allow people to quickly find what they need.

Type in Finance, and the illustrations including the finance alt tag show up.

Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.27.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.27.22 AM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi Anna,

You can achieve that by creating a custom CQL function using ScriptRunner for Confluence: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/confluence/CustomCqlFunctions.html

Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Cheers,

Rafael

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

It is not possible at this time to search alt text in Confluence. I think this is an oversight when I consider the accessibility issue. I added the ability to search alt text to this suggestion ticket;

Improve usability of Confluence for the visually impaired

To emphasize your use case, please comment or vote on the ticket. That will also add you to notifications so you will get an email when there is progress on the suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events