Is there a way to access the history of pages a particular user accessed?

Jessica Reed June 30, 2014

We provide logins to our clients to access our documentation through Confluence, and our Client Management team would like to be able to have insight into which page each client accesses.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Have you checked out the Viewtracker Plugin?

Jessica Reed July 1, 2014

Yeah, but I'd have to add that to every page I wanted to track (I could do it through my ThemeBuilder layouts, but still). Really what we need is the opposite of what this offers: pages viewed by user rather than users who have viewed a page.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Well, I have three other suggestions.

1. You could create a web service that would log hits to it in a database and then add Javascript code in the cutom html section in confluence admin to make a request to the web service.
  2. You could create your own plugin ... which is no small task.
  3. You could enable the webserver access logs for Confluence and parse those. Here is a guide for enabling server access logging.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Enable+User+Access+Logging

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events