Is there a way to Export Confluence Pages and subpages as one PDF Document?

Fernando André September 8, 2020

Hello,

I'm using Confluence and I would like to know if there is a way to export Confluence Pages and it's subpages as one PDF Document.

Confluence Version 6.15.9

Best regards,

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jorge Merino
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Hi Fernando, 

You can go to the export space options in Space Tools -> Content Tools -> Export, there you will find how to export branches or pages into a pdf

export.png
Or you could use a third party app like Scroll PDF Exporter. 

Cheers!
Jorge

mark3smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2023

PDF isn't an option.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 3.45.19 PM.png

Like # people like this
3 votes
Atlassian 29495 May 24, 2023

Um, this is not answered and inacceptable. Firstly, access to Space Tools isn't a normal thing in company settings. Secondly, the user above mentions no PDF export.

This, IMHO, is another typical Confluence scenario which millions of users face, however isn't taken seriously. I experience several such things with every Atlassian service in the past five or more years.

Note that in Chrome, I was just not able to hit the Answer button. Using another browser, I can at least answer. How strange can it be.

Rick Van Oostveldt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

Strange, coz I use Chrome and it works.

Also: our Confluence offers the option to export to PDF and HTML.. Maybe it needs a checkbox somewhere, by the admin?

Ian Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2024

I think the standard page level exports are PDF and Word (I don't have HTML).  But that isn't what is being requested here. 

If I understand correctly they have a structure of pages, in a hierarchy, that they want to export.  The only way to do that is to go into space admin and select the individual pages.  Having done this myself quite a lot on a large space with many pages its a pretty poor solution regardless of the security implications that make it even worse.

0 votes
Ian Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2024

Something I've been forced to do is create a page that is made up from the pages you want in the document, using the include macro.  Say I have a structure of pages:

• body of report
    • chapter 1
    • chapter 2

I'd create a page called report that just contains include page macros:

include page - body of report

include page - chapter 1

include page - chapter 2

You sometimes have to mess about with the headings and table of content.  Then you can export from the "report" page in either PDF or word.  Its not a great UX but its one way of doing it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events