Is there a way of finding pages that haven't been read/modified?

I would like to be able to see pages that haven't been read/modified in a long time so that I can delete them. Is this possible? I can see recently updated so can I see the other end of the list?!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 24, 2014

You can get one aspect of this with OnDemand. If you do a search like this ...

modified:[19000101 TO yyyymmdd]

You will get all the pages that were last modified during that time range. So, you just set the upper limit to something like 6-12 months ago and it will return all the pages that were last modified 6-12 months ago. As far a finding pages that no one has looked at that data is in the database, but alas with OnDemand you do not have access to the database. So, I've no good ideas for that one.

Thanks David, of course, that's a really great way... Thanks!

(The person who asked me to find out really wanted to know about page views rather than modified date, but this is still a handy tip!)

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Helen,

This plugin could help you out: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving

But it seems you're on OnDemand and not on a Hosted version.

I don't about any other option.

Best regards,

Peter

Thankfully we 'only' have a few hundred pages so it's just a case of setting the max results to a large enough number and then scrolling to the bottom of the list. It shows the modified date which is all I'm after really.

Thanks Peter. Sadly yes...

However, I've managed to find a way of seeing pages that were modified longest ago. If I use the Recently Updated macro regardless of what number I set the Maximum Results to, I keep clicking Show More to eventually show every page in my space. When there are no more pages to show, that's the end of the list i.e. the page modified the longest ago. Not ideal, but it seems to work.

The documentation for this macro says that it only shows a maximum of 200 results but this doesn't seem to be the case—maybe it's been overwritten (as I think it can be) for my instance.

Hi Helen,

It's a solution but not a really great one.

Best regards,

Peter

Well, I think that we must have a higher number set anyway as I can see at least 414 pages which we have currently in our space...

Hellen,

Maybe you could ask Atlassian support if they can't change the max results to a larger number for your instance?

You can request it here: https://support.atlassian.com

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

156 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you