• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there a way in which a particular section within a document be linked from another link without having to update the link always in case the section title is changed.

Is there a way in which a particular section within a document be linked from another link without having to update the link always in case the section title is changed.

sidhartha February 12, 2015

For example, I have two documents A and B. The document A has many sub sections X1,X2. I want to include a link in document B such that it points to section X1 in document A. Please note that the title of the X1 section might be changed and that I do not want to document B to repeatedly change the link in order to avoid link breakage. I know that using tiny URL helps while pointing to a document as a whole. Is there any such thing while linking to sections within documents?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

instead of linking to the sections, why not create an anchor macro along with each section heading?  It's a bit more work, but it would prevent losing your links.  Other than that, I'm not aware of any function to avoid link breakage to sections.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events