• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there a way in which a particular section within a document be linked from another link without having to update the link always in case the section title is changed.

Is there a way in which a particular section within a document be linked from another link without having to update the link always in case the section title is changed.

For example, I have two documents A and B. The document A has many sub sections X1,X2. I want to include a link in document B such that it points to section X1 in document A. Please note that the title of the X1 section might be changed and that I do not want to document B to repeatedly change the link in order to avoid link breakage. I know that using tiny URL helps while pointing to a document as a whole. Is there any such thing while linking to sections within documents?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Feb 12, 2015

instead of linking to the sections, why not create an anchor macro along with each section heading?  It's a bit more work, but it would prevent losing your links.  Other than that, I'm not aware of any function to avoid link breakage to sections.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,187 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you