Is there a version control depth configuration for the pages in space?

Sridhar Ravinuthala November 28, 2018

Hi,

If I want to configure a versioning depth on conflucence  pages as a whole how can I do that? we have 6.11 running.

I would like to know managing confluence page history depth automatically if there is  ?

2 answers

0 votes

page history has versions right, How can I administer the depth or number of versions that can be retained in a space automatically instead of manually going there and deleting it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

That's not "depth", that's "a number of versions".  There is no limit - the point of a wiki is to keep them all!

Like Shannon S likes this

We have slowness issues, synchrony issues and also we want to clean up space

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

Ah, ok, well, butchering your page history is not going to fix any of these (well, the clean up, arguable, but as the history isn't reported on, it's still not going to do much)

synchrony collaborative editing is becoming unresponsive. and I am seeing websocket timeouts.   Any suggestion on correcting this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2018

Synchrony doesn't look at the history, it is something else.  Has it got enough resources?

How about unpublished changes where do they get stored If I edit and close

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2018

Those drafts are stored as single pages in a sort of invisible space.  Again, they'll not have any significant drag on your system.

You need to look at the resources Synchrony has and what Confluence is doing that makes it slow.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2018

Could you explain what "versioning depth" is expected to do?

Confluence pages are simply versioned for each change made to their content, so I suspect you won't get what you want, but I can't be sure without knowing what that is!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events