Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple way to show scheduled Release Dates in a calendar?

Victoria Bak December 17, 2021

We track releases through JIRA.

I'm looking for a way to show the scheduled Release Dates in Confluence in a Calendar. (Perhaps a month at a time.)

specifically I'm looking for a way, when a date changes -- the date is update in the Calendar.

I'm currently looking at embedding an office calendar, where dates are manually added and updated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Victoria Bak

When you mention releases, are you referring to the fix version options that are used in the jira tickets?

If you are, out of the box you cannot bring the jira releases dates into the confluence calendar view easily. 

If you are willing to try a third party plugin, we use eazybi which may help you. Here is a report on version dates: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/50020-versions-on-timeline

You could also plot the versions in a gantt chart view as well. Then bring the reports as macros in confluence.

Regards

Victoria Bak December 20, 2021

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your reply.  I was hoping for a calendar view (not Gantt chart) that shows planned release dates.  And I was hoping for something out-of-the-box.

1 vote
Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Victoria Bak

I hope this message finds you well.

If you would like to consider Partner Apps in our Release Management & Roadmaps  you can find a Calendar view for all your Releases. You can also export it to ICS to integrate into your corporate Calendar app. You can also put it as Gadget on Jira Dashboard to share with the rest of the team and Stakeholders. 

If Dashboard gadget is more than enough I suggest to use Gadgets for Release Management & Roadmaps App.

Both are Free for small teams up to 10 users.

Many thanks & Kind regards,

Yuri.

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Unfortunately, @Victoria Bak, as @Fabian Lim said, there is no such feature in Jira or Confluence. Unless you're in a position to do a bit of programming to try and create what you envision. Sorry. 

So, you are going to have to explore other solutions that might help you present important dates to your stakeholders. 

Have you had a look at Roadmaps (part of Jira Cloud, so at least it is out-of-the-box)? If you don't think that will work for you you have no choice but to consider some of the Atlassian Marketplace apps that might do something similar to what you need.

Hope this helps,

-dave 

Victoria Bak December 21, 2021

Thanks Dave!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin