Is there a simple way to see what's changed on the page only last week?

Mia Marthinsen September 30, 2016

There are some pages for reporting purposes in our Confluence instance. I should read them once a week (just after the people fill them in with their info). Right now I use the Page History feature to build a diff between page version created a week ago and the latest version but this frustrates me.
How can I simplify this process? It would be perfect to receive an email once a week with the diff for selected pages.
Does Atlassian provide any solution for that?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Unfortunately, I don't know the way to get a notification once a week about the diff for a list of pages if you mean this. But there is an add-on that can significantly help you.

You can try Handy Page Diff feature from Handy Macros for Confluence. With this feature you can see the diff for any page since your last acknowledgement (or since your first visit) in one click. The main difference with feature you described is you should click the "Acknowledge" button each time when you reviewed the page to avoid displaying wrong and old data. You also can use a Handy Reminder macro to get a reminder when you need.

Mia Marthinsen October 3, 2016

This is not exactly what I need but looks good. I still need to do some clicks to see the diffs but it's not such a problem. Thanks!

0 votes
Sandy Johnson September 30, 2016

Confluence has an email feature where you can get a daily list of which pages have changed. In that email. there is a link for every page that will bring you to the page history for that page. There is an option you can turn on that will list those changes in the email so you don't have to go to every page. More information about this can be found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf58/email-notifications-771892526.html

Hope this helps.

Mia Marthinsen October 3, 2016

I have bookmarks for these pages so there is no problem to remember them. Will Confluence show me the whole history for each page or only the changes for a period between those emails when I click those links?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events