Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reliable way to determine if a page was created from a template?

Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Hi,

Is there a way to reliably detect by JSON-RPC or REST if a Confluence page has been created from a page template or not? Some kind of metadata or history information? I was not able to find any...

Thanks,

Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

Nope. But you could give your templates a special label for this. Then any page getting created from that template will get the label as well. Assuming the users don't remove the label (big assumption) then you could query it up that way.

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2014

But to do this a precondition would be to differentiate "normal" Confluence pages from templates. Is there any way to achieve that with the REST/JSON RPC API?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

There are methods for getting pages by label. I think a label is really the easiest way to accomplish something like this. It isn't a sure thing because people can add and remove labels, but I've got no better ideas for what you are trying to accomplish. With a little bit of user training you may be able to mitigate them adding or removing the template label.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events