Is there a possibilty to insert attachments on WIKI pages (e.g. pdf documents) without producing infomails to page watchers?

David Gyurasz July 25, 2011

If not, can you please offer a workaround to solve the problem?

2 answers

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2012

HI David,

A workaround I've used is especially helpful if you have a whole slew of attachments to add and want to avoid generating an email for each one. Just temporarily View-restrict the specific page you are attaching files to, to just yourself ((Tools>Restrict>Me) while you are doing the attaching.

When done, you just have to remember to remove the restriction by following the same path and clicking the Remove restriction button next to your name.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi David,

I'm sorry to say that there isn't a workaround that I am aware of for this issue, aside from disabling the sending of notifications to users, which can be useful when you need to make a large number of changes but isn't much good for stopping notifications in everyday use. There is currently an open feature request to ask that we implement a function to stop the sending of notifications for adding attachments, so at this stage I can only suggest that you watch/vote/comment on the ticket to encourage our developers to prioritise its implementation: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7612

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events