Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a more obvious way to show the Space in the Link Suggestions dialog?

Greg MacLellan September 9, 2013

When I go to insert a link to another page, if I have the same page name in multiple spaces, it is impossible to tell them apart without hovering. As a result, this is causing friction as some users (especially new to Confluence as we start using it more) are making links to the wrong place, which easily goes unnoticed until someone else clicks and is taken to the wrong place.

Link suggestions with duplicate names

In my case, we have a space for developer documentation (which may explain implementation details and API), and another for tech support documentation (which explains how to run and troubleshoot the component), so many pieces of the system often end up with duplicate titles.

Is there a way to change the format of these links so they show which space they're in?

1 answer

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Greg,
I agree, unless something's changed between 4.3.7 and the current version, the info you see when linking or in searches that show where a page is is pretty minimal. In most cases if not all, you have to make the link before you can see where it actually goes. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events