Is there a macro that reports trending pages?

Deborah Diemetric June 15, 2015

I have a request to add a list of trending topics on my home page. Is there a macro that I can place on the home page that lists the trending pages/topics in the space? This is not the same as "recently updated." I looked at the Viewtracker plug-in, but we don't need to create a "number of views" on every page or know who looked at a page or when. We just need a simple list of topics with links. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

If you enable the usage tracking plugin 

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/USGTRK/Confluence+Usage+Tracking+Plugin

then there is a "popular content" macro that is included.  That might work for you, especially if your instance is not too big.  If you want to see the most popular pages across your entire Confluence instance, then you should write "@all" in the "Restrict to these Spaces" option.

Deborah Diemetric June 16, 2015

Thanks for your answer. I looked at that macro, but saw that it has performance problems and it doesn't look like it's been updated in forever. Even Confluence has it disabled by default, which doesn't bode well. I don't think I want to introduce that into our project. Likely more trouble than it's worth.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events