It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a limit to the number of attachments

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Attachment Size

Ask your question here...

2 answers

1 accepted

There is no hard limit. Only the size of the attachments is restricted.

However, you will see slow load times once you have too many attachments on the pages. And will see increased indexing times and longer search duration. I would certainly recommend not to use Confluence as a document dump yard :wink:

I know this thread is ancient, but (approximately) how many attachments would be "too many"? A ballpark number would be nice to know. We're experiencing slowdowns on one of our client's Confluence systems and I'm trying to find out if the attachments might be the issue... (we're at around 90 attachments, but many of those have hundreds of versions)

Like Elisa Taylor likes this

In my experience, any page with near 100 attachments in an attachments macro will start to have a notably slower load time. More than 500 attachments and you'll soon reach the breaking point of most people's patience to wait for a page. However, I've found a page with 500+attachments has a normal load time if I don't use the attachments macro.

Appreciate the quick response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

4,118 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you