Is there a limit to the number of attachments

Richard Oeters February 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Attachment Size

Ask your question here...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

There is no hard limit. Only the size of the attachments is restricted.

However, you will see slow load times once you have too many attachments on the pages. And will see increased indexing times and longer search duration. I would certainly recommend not to use Confluence as a document dump yard wink

Martin Röhrs (Tini) May 24, 2018

I know this thread is ancient, but (approximately) how many attachments would be "too many"? A ballpark number would be nice to know. We're experiencing slowdowns on one of our client's Confluence systems and I'm trying to find out if the attachments might be the issue... (we're at around 90 attachments, but many of those have hundreds of versions)

Like Elisa Taylor likes this
Josh Gugel February 10, 2020

In my experience, any page with near 100 attachments in an attachments macro will start to have a notably slower load time. More than 500 attachments and you'll soon reach the breaking point of most people's patience to wait for a page. However, I've found a page with 500+attachments has a normal load time if I don't use the attachments macro.

0 votes
Richard Oeters February 11, 2016

Appreciate the quick response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events