• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is the content within an Excerpt Include macro searched from within Confluence and also from within JIRA Service Desk when a Confluence KB has been linked to it?

Is the content within an Excerpt Include macro searched from within Confluence and also from within JIRA Service Desk when a Confluence KB has been linked to it?

DebbieR February 5, 2017

Hi,

I've done a bit of testing and I don't think the content is searched. Is there a workaround to ensure it is searched?

Our business case is that we want JIRA SD to search multiple Confluence spaces but as it can only link to one space, I thought if I Excerpt Included the content from another space, it should return results from that second space. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

Hi Debbie,

The content in the Excerpt Include macro is rendered dynamically when the page is loaded, so when the search indexes a page with an Excerpt Include macro the only thing it picks up is that the macro is there.  There is no way for the indexing to know in advance what that macro will show when the page is rendered so no, the search won't - and can't - pick up the content inside the macro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events