Is the Public Announcement Service Plugin compatible with Confluence 5.5.X?

It's been more than a month since the release of Confluence 5.5. Is the Public Announcement Service Plugin compatible with Confluence 5.5.X? Or was this functionality incorporated into the 5.5 release?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Daren,

According to here, the plugin is still not compatible with the 5.5 and it's not bundled with confluence. If you want to test this plugin in 5.5, you can do it and should work, since there were not huge changes in confluence 5.5 comparing to 5.4, however keep in mind that the plugin is unsupported by Atlassian and if you run into any issues using this plugin in 5.5, you should remove the plugin.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Thanks again, Rodrigo. I will test the plugin compatiblity with 5.5 once we upgrade.

Hi Daren,

I would recommend to install this plugin and test the upgrade on a staging instance first, just for precaution. :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Is there an update to this? Did it work or did Something Bad Happen?

Unfortunately I have not had an opportunity to validate the plugin with a test instance. I uninstalled it prior to upgrading our server to avoid any potential compatibility issues.

We added this plugin to our 5.5.2 instance of Confluence and tested it. Everything is working as expected, so I see no compatibility issues with 5.5.X

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 30, 2018 in Confluence

How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confl...

863 views 8 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you