Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to manually delete files older the 48hr in confuence/temp directory?

Fred Pezzimenti July 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Too Many Files in the Temp Directory - Change the Backup Directory for a Manual Backup

Is it safe to manually delete files older than 48hr in Confluence/temp directory? The schedule appears to be working in our Confluence version 5.8.9 but does not delete files. It has grown to ~35Gb, with files older than 1year. Once deleted (require to recover capacity quickly) need to resolve why the schedule task is not working.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Generally, you'll mostly find that it is.  But, there's always a chance that it's not, depending on your usage patterns and add-ons.

If you shut Confluence down first though, then yes, it's safe as it can always rebuild anything it needs from scratch.

1 vote
Fred Pezzimenti July 20, 2016

Thank you Nic. Need to understand why tmp file accumulating at 2gb a day. In the meantime have purged old files to maintain the service. Ill restart the confluence after installing a fix. Thanks again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

I've seen it build (but later delete) very large temporary files when people are (ab)using Confluence for video and other large file storage - check your maximum upload size.

(Note - that's just one thing I remember, there's lots of other stuff that might be doing this, I think)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events