Is it possible to use the advanced search in Confluence for TeamFiles documents?

Sandra Zingerle January 12, 2022

Hi,

we connect our folders to TeamFiles and would like to limit the advanced search not only to confluences pages, but it should also be possible to search for documents that are located in TeamFiles. Furthermore, it should not only be possible to search for the title of the file, but also for the content of the file.
Most of the time you don't know if there is a Confluence page for the term you are looking for or not. Then everybody would have to search twice to find all data in the space (and possibly in different TeamFiles).

Do you know if this is possible from the central searchfunction in Confluence?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

@Sandra Zingerle Welcome to Confluence!

I do not believe that the native search field in Confluence and Jira searches inside of TeamFiles folders and files. The search feature is for content stored in Confluence and Jira - pages, attachments, documents, etc. 

I did look at the TeamFiles documentation and don't see any reference to searchability inside of Confluence.

Sandra Zingerle January 13, 2022

@Andy Gladstone  thank you for the quick answer! I'm in contact with the TeamFiles support and hopefully the have a solution for the problem. I will let you know. 

Sandra Zingerle January 14, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events