Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to setup 2 seperate Confluence enviroments with 1 Conflunece installation ?

Data Processors Admin December 21, 2015

We have a installation of Confluence setup and running well.  But one of the departments in our organization would like to have a separate Confluence environment setup just for them, with it's own look and permissions.

Is it possible to use our current installation and setup a separate environment, or would we have to purchase and setup a new Confluence installation ?

3 answers

0 votes
Data Processors Admin December 22, 2015

Thanks for you advice, I will setup a test installation and play around with the settings...

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2015

Hi John,

Exactly as Phill stated. If you can separate the customization and permissions in different spaces, then it is possible to use the same Confluence. I do recommend to use a clone from production for testing before attempting the same in production.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2015

Hi John,

The answer depends on how customised they want their space to be... The more customised the more unlikely it is that you can work within the same environment. Having said that though there is a lot you can do with themeing a space to make it look substantially different. I would suggest you download a trial of a theme from marketplace.atlassian.com to see how different Confluence spaces can look when you apply a different theme to a space. 

Phill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events