Is it possible to setup 2 seperate Confluence enviroments with 1 Conflunece installation ?

We have a installation of Confluence setup and running well.  But one of the departments in our organization would like to have a separate Confluence environment setup just for them, with it's own look and permissions.

Is it possible to use our current installation and setup a separate environment, or would we have to purchase and setup a new Confluence installation ?

3 answers

Hi John,

The answer depends on how customised they want their space to be... The more customised the more unlikely it is that you can work within the same environment. Having said that though there is a lot you can do with themeing a space to make it look substantially different. I would suggest you download a trial of a theme from marketplace.atlassian.com to see how different Confluence spaces can look when you apply a different theme to a space. 

Phill

0 vote

Hi John,

Exactly as Phill stated. If you can separate the customization and permissions in different spaces, then it is possible to use the same Confluence. I do recommend to use a clone from production for testing before attempting the same in production.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Thanks for you advice, I will setup a test installation and play around with the settings...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

270 views 13 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you