Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send notifications with the triggering users email instead of noreply?

CodingSpiderFox October 1, 2019

Let's say I create a confluence page, then someone edits it.

I get an email notification from "Alice (Confluence) <noreply@confluence.mycompany.com>"

Now I reply to that email message in Outlook and forget that that sender of the original message was not the users personal email addresss.

A day later I get a notification from the Exchange server that the mail could not be sent.

Now the important message didn't reach my colleague in time.

Is there a way that Confluence uses the personal email address of the user as "From" field instead of "noreply@confluence.mycompany.com" ?

I guess same applies for JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Hello @CodingSpiderFox,

Thank you for contacting us about this. At this time, it's not possible to reply to Confluence threads via email. We have a feature request for this below: 

In addition, the sender information has confused other users in the past, so we have a request about this as well below:

• CONFSERVER-22983 Mail server gives misleading information on From Name and From Address

I recommend voting on the features you wish to implement, and you'll automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates in the future.

As a workaround, there might be something you're able to do with the add-on Email to Page. I haven't used it myself, so I can't speak for its capabilities, so I would recommend giving it a try.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events