Is it possible to see a version of a page exported to PDF?

Dušan Juhás June 10, 2013

I create a new version of a page in Confluence. I would like to provide a version information when exporting this page to PDF. Is it possible? How?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

Dušan,

When you create a PDF from a page, the file name automatically includes the date and time the PDF was created. Is this enough for your needs?

You could always manually add V1, V2 etc to the end of it if you're creating more than one version of the same page.

Cheers.

Dušan Juhás June 10, 2013

Hi Mick,

It sounds like a workaround which might be used if nothing else is available.

I would rather see something like {version} to be added to PDF metainfo or header.

Anyway, thank you for your effort.

0 votes
Ondrej Kovacik June 11, 2013

You can use Page info macro/plugin http://www.adaptavist.com/w/Plugins/free/page-information-tools/ to show version anywhere on page.

Dušan Juhás June 11, 2013

Thank you Ondrej.

Seems promissing. It isn't included among standard package provided by Atlassian so I need to check it on every Confluence upgrade.

As a workaround another macro called "Change History" might be used.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

Perhaps you can customize the page PDF export to cater to your needs. You can check out the following documentations for reference:

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

That is not possible through the UI and we have the improvement request tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20836 for your reference. Do cast your vote to increase its priority for implementation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events