Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pull a list of tickets from Kanban board to Confluence weekly?

Joao Borges August 28, 2020

Hi there

I would like to know if there is an automated way to pull out a list of tickets in specific columns to Confluence directly, and maybe a weekly process ?

I have been doing it manually by going into confluence and filter a list of JIRA tickets based on Sprint and Column Name

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi @Joao Borges ,

Well... you just asked a simple question that has a multitude of answers. I do the same thing where Jira is where the process operates and Confluence is where it is documented and reported on.

First bit is pulling tickets from specific columns; that one is actually kind of easy given that a ticket in a given column is associated with a ticket status that makes it display there. Please note that your column names are not necessarily what the statuses are.

You could have column names of:

• Things we need to do
  • Stuff we're doing now
  • Yay! We're done!

And they could associate with the more mundane:

• Open
  • In Progress
  • Done

Then, for example, if you wanted a list of tickets that are In Progress and updated last week you could put a Jira macro in Confluence with a JQL like:

project = DEV1 AND status = "In Progress" AND updated > startOfWeek(-1) AND updated < endOfWeek(-1)

For what you need, that time bounding is the key. Being a monumentally lazy human, I always use relative time selections from the startOf and endOf collection of functions and an offset. A negative integer steps back. A positive integer steps forward (great for getting a list of, for example, tickets with a due date in the next week).

I set up relative time bound reports for weekly for the previous month (4 weeks), and monthly for the last quarter (3 months). So far that has been serving me well and I never have to go update a report ever.

Joao Borges August 28, 2020

@Mike Rathwell   Thanks for the explanation. I do have something similar set up already. And columns are named the same as ticket status, so if a ticket is under QA column, but does not mean the ticket is complete, open or in progress.

I was wondering if there is a way that KANBAN board displays tickets in confluence automatically without having to update manually.

We plan to do a weekly report but based on your comment, its pretty much what i have been doing so far by filtering out tickets and listing them out

Do you know if theres any add on for it ? 

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

I am unsure if there is. The Jira macro in Confluence gives you the content that is current at the time you display the page so it is automatic in that regard. For example, if I ask for tickets in X state updated last week, I always get the set of tickets that meet that criteria without having to do manual work at all.

Perhaps some of the BI tools might be a place to look like EasyBI.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events