Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to integrate Confluence 5.6.6 with Hip Chat plugin?

Arya Banerjee January 29, 2015

If yes, is there any documentation available with screenshots which can explain this integration?

Currently, after successful integration of Confluence 5.6.6 with HipChat, I am unable to:-  "Select a room and set which activities you want to hear about".

Please advise

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2015

You use this plugin HipChat for Confluence?

Here you find the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+HipChat+and+Confluence+together

HipChat is kind of new, so its likely there are some bugs. If you don't find a solution, you may raise a bug.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Hi Arya,

Yes, the great feature of Confluence 5.7 is the bundled integration with HipChat. Remember that we only be able to do an integration to HipChat Cloud and not Server yet.

Cheers,
WZ

Hello William, Thanks for your answer. Did you mean HipChat site integration with Confluence on Server not possible? We have Confluence 5.6.6 running on Server and not on Cloud. What is HipChat Cloud? Regards, Arya

This is the doc which I was referring to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Using+HipChat+and+Confluence+together What is this referring to? HipChat Server or HipChat Cloud? Regards, Arya

0 votes

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I used this free plugin to integrate HipChat with Confluence. I followed the documentation as you mentioned but it is the 2nd step where I am getting stuck. Also, It says that the doc is for Confluence 5.7

Would it be same for 5.6.6?

I would want the HipChat to be configured in a way that all the Confluence users would be able to use this. But it seems like currently, only I am present in the room. Do I need to manually send invite to all the Confluence users? I believe once the integration is done successfully, ideally Confluence should have sent an invite to all the present users. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Arya

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2015

The Marketplace sais it is available for CONF 5.5 - 5.7 - so this should be fine for you. As I see it, your users must sign up for HipChat manually. I am not sure if the invitations are send automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events