Is it possible to export a parent and their child pages to word or PDF?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

We would like to utilize the Wiki to create our module end user and administrative documentation so that we have one place for the data.

We don't want one wiki page to be an entire manual -- that defeats the purpose of having really long pages and having information more succinct. But, we also have to create client training manuals and would like to be able to export the information for this use.

But, all we can do, it seems, is to export one page at a time and really need to export an entire module (our product consists of 8 modules that are all purchased separately).

Is this possible in an OnDeman environment?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2012
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2012

Thank you for providing that option.

Since the generated PDF needs to still be tweaked to accommodate creating customer handouts (e.g. some links and headers are not appropriate when it is hard copy vs online), as well as creating the appropriate pagination and headers, is there a method to export these pages into a Word doc for further editiing?

Can we permission this capability for others without them having other space administration capabilities since we need all of our trainers and support personnel to be able to do this as needed?

Thank you for the guidance!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

EDIT: Ignore whatever I typed below, momentarily I forgot the fact that you were on OnDemand and I guess you aren't left with much options.

You can use this plugin, I assume.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.confluence.plugin.pagetreeexporter.pagetree-word-exporter-plugin

Even you second requirement is met with this since the export is from Tools menu, not from Admin. The supported versions seems to be outdated, you may need to contact the author or do some tweaks yourself.

Else use a commercial one like https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-office

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2012

Confluence Command Line has an exportSpace option to html. That would be the closest you can get to extract the data in an editable form. But then again, I guess it is not a single file, rather a set of html files (I haven't tried myself the same)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events