Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to customize Anonymous Access - view?

Deleted user December 19, 2012

It seems that we can only use the pre-defined permissions for Anonymous Access in Spaces Admin (view)/Administration (global - can use).

I am curious to know if it is possible to achieve the following:

Suppose there is a space called tux, I want anonymous (non-login) users to be able to see the page names (titles) but not the contents of the pages. In other words, anonymous users will be able to see the space's pages tree structure but when they click on the pages they don't see the contents (contents hidden).

Cheers,

Terry

2 answers

0 votes
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

As Jobin mentioned above, you can edit the template/Velocity files and I do think that this is the best approach (although not recommended) rather than using JavaScript. You can refer to the following KB on how to do it: How to Display Different Appearance for Different Users Using Confluence Layouts

You can try to experiment by editing the Layouts page in Confluence Admin.

Please also note that if you are using Documentation Theme, any changes made to Layouts or Velocity files in Installation Directory won't affect the Documentation Theme. You need to edit the .vm files in doctheme-x.x.x.jar file as this is a bundled plugin. More info here: How to Edit Bundled or System Plugins

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Not possible without hacking. The right approach will be to edit the templates to check if user is null or not but you can use some javascript to hide the content as well.

In the latter, the user will still be able to view it from source and hence not recommended for secure data!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events