Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create an custom up-datable text macro in the JIRA WIKI

Chris Wright February 23, 2016

What I ideally want to do is to put in a macro/placeholder within multiple pages which will automatically be replaced with a static piece of text which be updated.

For instance, I would like to be able to change in one location the version of a current project or release and for it to display on all the pages I have put the placeholder, this way I only have to update 1 location instead of hunting down every page which references that release.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

Depending on how often the data is going to change and who should do it, I tend to use:

• include (includes a whole page, although there's nothing to stop you having a page that just says "1.2.3")
  • excerpt (handy if you have a "project release" page and you want to update the version in the main page, and have it cascade to other pages)
  • multi-excerpt (as excerpt, but useful when you have more than one piece of data to cascade from a page)
  • a simple user macro with the data hard coded

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events