Is it possible to create a JIRA Issue (Standalone Task) from a Confluence Task

Wiel Vercoulen September 24, 2014

I know it is possible to create a JIRA issue from Confluence, but is it also possible to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence task, or create a JIRA issue and link it with a Confluence task?.

NOTE: We're using the OnDemand version of Confluence and JIRA. 

Thanks,

Wiel V

3 answers

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

Turns out that this is already implemented.  Just highlight the text and a popup will appear that has two choices comment and JIRA.  Simply click on the JIRA and a JIRA issue will be created from the task.

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Hi Wiel and Pedro,

I was wanting the same thing.  Possible a special macro (JIRA Task or something) that I could add that has a button and a check box.  The button creates a JIRA issue the check-box will mark the task as complete as well as transition the associated JIRA to closed.

If this has not been accomplished I will look into writing a macro/plugin that does this.

Please let me know if you found anything?

Thanks!

Robert

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2014

Hi Wiel,

If you are looking for some options to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence page, I believe this page below will give you some directions:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/12/5-ways-work-jira-issues-confluence/

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Wiel Vercoulen September 25, 2014

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your answer, but I don't think it answers my question. I'm looking for a way to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence task. Thanks, Wiel V

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events