Is it possible to create a JIRA Issue (Standalone Task) from a Confluence Task

I know it is possible to create a JIRA issue from Confluence, but is it also possible to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence task, or create a JIRA issue and link it with a Confluence task?.

NOTE: We're using the OnDemand version of Confluence and JIRA. 

Thanks,

Wiel V

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Sep 24, 2014

Hi Wiel,

If you are looking for some options to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence page, I believe this page below will give you some directions:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/12/5-ways-work-jira-issues-confluence/

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your answer, but I don't think it answers my question. I'm looking for a way to create a JIRA issue from a Confluence task. Thanks, Wiel V

Hi Wiel and Pedro,

I was wanting the same thing.  Possible a special macro (JIRA Task or something) that I could add that has a button and a check box.  The button creates a JIRA issue the check-box will mark the task as complete as well as transition the associated JIRA to closed.

If this has not been accomplished I will look into writing a macro/plugin that does this.

Please let me know if you found anything?

Thanks!

Robert

Turns out that this is already implemented.  Just highlight the text and a popup will appear that has two choices comment and JIRA.  Simply click on the JIRA and a JIRA issue will be created from the task.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

511 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you