Is it possible to configure internal and external instances of Questions within Confluence?

Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

I am currently evaluating a trial version, and this is a key feature for the needs of our organization. Ideally, an internal question could also be moved to the external instance, just like page permissions. Is this possible? Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Oh! Yes confluence questions uses the same permissions that you are familiar with. You will have the same abilities. 

I have attached the relevant feature requests. 

Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2014

I see that I can grant Questions access to particular groups, but how do I allow some Questions to be public, while keeping others private?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2014

I jumped the gun, that ability doesn't exist yet. Questions doesn't appear to follow Confluence's Space/Permission/Restrictions scheme abilities in any way, shape, or form and simply has the CAN USE/CAN'T USE permissioning.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

As far as I know the only way to move pages between instances is via Copy+Paste or by running SQL jobs on the database itself.  A knowledgable DBA should be able to do this but to answer your question, you cannot move pages from an instance to another via the Move function, no.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

I just tried to connect two Confluences via Application Link and move a page between them but no dice. Now that I think of it, there's no way for it to resolve duplicate Space names, just as a one off issue standing in the way of that sort of functionality.

Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Let me rephrase the issue: Using a single Confluence, I would like both private and public Q&A using the Questions Add-on.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Ahh I see

0 votes
Tim H_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Permissions allow me to move pages between external and internal spaces, correct? Can something similar be done with Questions?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Can you clarify what you mean by "...just like page permissions."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events