Is it possible to automatically create a link to confluence document when creating a jira issue from confluence

We plan to use confluence as entry point for issue creation. With this method we want to use all confluence functionnallities in order to manage documents and their version AND in the same time be able to acces confluence data directly from jira issue. We want to avoid manually inserting confluence link update in jira issue.

The idea is:

1. create a page in confluence,

2. from this page create a jira issue with the link to confluence page

3. from jira, using the confluence link to acces page.

Thanks fo your help,

Philippe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

In Jira 5 this is a solved Use Case (if the videos are right)

http://www.atlassian.com/social-software-development-with-jira

I have jira 4.4.3 and confluence 4.1.5. I've just activated applications links between them and connected a jira project with a space.

I'm new at Jira & Confluence so maybe I havent' gotten to the right screen yet, but what's supposed to happen? I haven't noticed any new linking functionality beyond the already installed confluence-side jira-issue macro and the jira-side conluence page linkage tool.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

918 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you