It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to automatically create a link to confluence document when creating a jira issue from confluence

Philippe Schram Oct 19, 2011

We plan to use confluence as entry point for issue creation. With this method we want to use all confluence functionnallities in order to manage documents and their version AND in the same time be able to acces confluence data directly from jira issue. We want to avoid manually inserting confluence link update in jira issue.

The idea is:

1. create a page in confluence,

2. from this page create a jira issue with the link to confluence page

3. from jira, using the confluence link to acces page.

Thanks fo your help,

Philippe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
a.haaken Feb 29, 2012

In Jira 5 this is a solved Use Case (if the videos are right)

http://www.atlassian.com/social-software-development-with-jira

John Edstrom Apr 18, 2012

I have jira 4.4.3 and confluence 4.1.5. I've just activated applications links between them and connected a jira project with a space.

I'm new at Jira & Confluence so maybe I havent' gotten to the right screen yet, but what's supposed to happen? I haven't noticed any new linking functionality beyond the already installed confluence-side jira-issue macro and the jira-side conluence page linkage tool.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

963 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you