Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add a Team Calendars event by email?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

either using stock TC or via 3rd party add-on? Can't seem to locate any info in the docs.
thanks!

smth like : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.artemissoftware.plugins.confluence.send-email-to-page

EDIT:

scenario...

• In my email client I send a calendar invite to my Confluence-monitored email box, which then retrieves the invite, parses it and adds a new TeamCal event to a particular calendar (parsed) + adds a description from the body of the invite.
  • just a rough idea... - this way I could "add" a ConfluenceTeamCal "account" to my Outlook meeting and automatically have this event in the appropriate TeamCal

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hi Andrei,

Like Spense said, we already have a feature request for it. Actually I was raised the feature request, as it could be a good feature for Team Calendars.
However isn't likely that we'll implement it soon:

To be honest, I can't see us right now implementing this feature request in the foreseeable future given

• all the hundreds of other highly requested features
  • the amount of manual knowledge required on the format to create the event
  • the fact that Confluence does not yet even support creating content via email (CONF-5002).

cheers

0 votes
snorrish
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2014

There's a similar request here, with a response: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-2552

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Hello again Andrel :)

Thank you for clarifying your environment. I could understand better the situation, but I’m afraid it's not possible do what you want to with the bundled-plugin.
I also searched for plugins on the marketplace, but I didn’t find any that could do it. I’m not saying it's not possible, but probably you will need to create a script or contact an expert to help you with this customisation if it’s a priority for you.
Good luck,
Renato Rudnicki
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2014

Thank you for clarifying your environment. I could understand better the situation, but I’m afraid it's not possible do what you want to with the bundled-plugin.
I also searched for plugins on the marketplace, but I didn’t find any that could do it. I’m not saying it's not possible, but probably you will need to create a script or contact an expert to help you with this customisation if it’s a priority for you.
Good luck,
Renato Rudnicki
0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2014
Hello Andrel,
First, let me see if we are on the same page. What exactly would you like to do? Create an event by your e-mail client or share a link of an event by e-mail?
If you want to share an event by e-mail, what you could do is share the calendar sending its link through e-mail. However, the person who receives it would be able to see other events as well.
In case you want to create an event through your e-mail client, would you mind giving me further details on how you'd like to do it and also an example?
Let me know if have any other questions.
Cheers,
Renato Rudnicki
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014

added more flavor to my original question. thanks!

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2014

Good luck,
Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events