Is it possible to Migrate from Social Bookmarking to Shared Links Blueprint?

Glenn Tremblay February 20, 2014

We're using Confluence 4.3 here at the Commonwealth of MA and one of our wiki authors asked if there is any way to do a link check on bookmarks captured in her wiki space.

As I was digging around, I found Atlassian's plugin page note that support for Social Bookmarking plugin will end after confluence 5.3 in favor of the new Shared Links Blueprint in the Business Blueprints Bundle.

Before I upgrade and annoy my users that the feature is no longer supported, is there any way to migrate the bookmarks from the social bookmarking plugin to the Shared Links Blueprint?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

1 answer

0 votes
Lance Tost April 7, 2014

I have not found a way yet. But the worst part is I used the RSS feed capability of the Social Bookmarking feature heavily (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Subscribing+to+a+Bookmarks+RSS+Feed).. I have a "Live Bookmark" defined in Firefox that points to the RSS feed for our bookmarks that we have collected with the Social Bookmarking plugin. So if someone added a new bookmark, it would be reflected in my browser bookmark once it refreshed. I don't see this capability in the Shared Links model (granted I haven't looked that hard yet).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events