Is it possible do hide the byline?

I use the documentation theme and want to hide the byline or show it in the footer. Is it possible to do this just for one space an not for the whole documentation theme?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

You'll need to customise the theme's Page Layout (ie. page.vmd) to achieve this.

You'll need to edit confluence-install/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip/doctheme-x.x.jar/doctheme/decorators/page.vmd and remove the following line of code:

#parse ("/decorators/includes/page-metadata.vm")

So you need to either extract the jar, modify and rezip it to atlassian-bundled.plugins.zip, or you upload the modified jar as a plugin which will replace the bundled one. You might want to refer to this documentation.

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Jul 24, 2011
Sorry, what text are you trying to hide?

I mean the text bellow the page title, where the author and the "Last editor" are shown.

How can I make the metadata be seen by logged in users only?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,088 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you