Is it possible artificially weight specific pages/spaces so they appear higher/lower in search results?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

As the title says, I want to artificially weight some results.

We have some documents about a certain aspect of our product and I'd like certain pages to be returned higher in the results than others, and others not to appear until the user reaches the bottom of the list (for instance, they might be very technical pages or otherwise esoteric). Is there a way to do this?

I'm aware of the Atlassian page on search rankings (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Ranking+of+Search+Results) but I can't find a clever way to manipulate it the way I want. I'd much rather be able to, at a space level, set a specific space or page to appear higher/lower manually.

Ideas?

1 answer

2 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2012

You can implement a certain ranking algorithm with a Plugin (Lucene Boosting Strategy):
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Lucene+Boosting+Strategy+Module

By doing so you should be able to adjust the ranking by an additional factor that is e.g. configured per space.

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2012

Thanks for your answer, Niels. Presumably, however, such a plugin does not exist? I mean, I had a look and couldn't find one - unless you know of one?

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

I do not know such a Plugin. What I meant is you could write such a Plugin yourself ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events