Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it legal to share one Jira account across multiple employees?

In work which I decided to leave I know they use one Jira account for multiple employees as the boss does not want to pay for an extended plan. Is it legal to do stuff like that?

2 answers

0 votes

Generally, no, it's not legal to do that.  It's a breach of your agreement with Atlassian, but in many industries, more importantly, it's illegal (for accounts with any form of write access) because of the compliance and governance laws on tracking who may have done what.

I don't think anyone is bothered if you do it for read-only accounts (after all, you can make Jira anonymously accessible), but under no circumstances should you do it with an account that can write anything.

0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Feb 12, 2021

Hi @Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemubwem Ossas , 

for Jira Server this is allowed, however it's not a great idea as the goal of Jira is to be able to track who works on what.

For Jira Cloud however this would not be allowed.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,683 views 7 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you