Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it OK to do a Second Evaluation Installation of Confluence?

Stephanie Menteer September 1, 2014

We did an evaluation installation of Confluence 5.1.4 in August, 2013, after we upgraded our JIRA application to 5.2.11. Since then we have not actually used Confluence at all. We recently upgraded our JIRA application to 6.2.7 and then migrated it to a different server. We also shut down Confluence on the old server, since we aren't using it. Now we want to install Confluence 5.5.2 on the new server that our JIRA app is currently running on. Is it OK to do an evaluation installation of Confluence 5.5.2 on the new server? We don't have any content in our Confluence 5.1.4 installation to migrate or upgrade, so it seems like starting with a fresh install on the new server would be appropriate.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, you can actually generate up to 3 evaluation licenses, each one valid for 30 days. Please take a look at https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#evaluations-2for further information on this.

Stephanie Menteer September 1, 2014

Thanks! That answers my question.

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad I was able to help. Please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events