Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is possible to display spaces sorted by categories in the left sidebar?

L September 17, 2013

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to sorted spaces by categories without using the RefinedWiki Original Theme plugin? Maybe, by editing the global site layout, etc?

I would be very grateful for your advice how to do it.

5 answers

1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

You can modify the decorators (Site Layouts and Content Layouts): add your categories in a left-hand gutter as, say, H2s. Under each H2, put any number of pagetree macros that point to each of your spaces.

Here's a good place to start for info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Site+and+Space+Layouts

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Ah, no, I don't think you can group spaces like that programmatically. That's not stopping you from adjusting the UI to reflect your logical groupings, though.

L September 17, 2013

that is the question. how can I adjust the ui to make the logical groupings customer-facing?

0 votes
L September 17, 2013

I mean organizing spaces into expandable groups (without the necessity to use plugin), for example:

Group1

• Space1
  • Space 2
  • Space 3

Group 2

• · Space 4
  • · Space 5
  • · Space 6

According to the default behavior, they are sorted by label. I suppose that there is the ability to do it by editing the confluence layout

0 votes
L September 17, 2013

I mean organizing spaces into expandable groups (without the necessity to use plugin), for example:

Group1

• Space1
  • Space 2
  • Space 3

Group 2

• Space 4
  • Space 5
  • Space 6

According to the default behavior, they are sorted by label. I suppose that there is the ability to do it by editing the confluence layout

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "categories". This thread (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/158889/confluence-5-0-onwards-space-labels-categories) attempts to clear it up, but can you provide more info on what YOU mean?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events