Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is confluence required for automation alerts in Jira Service Desk Cloud

Bill Rachilla September 19, 2019

I'd like to set-up automation alerts for SLA's, etc. Does that require Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hey @Bill Rachilla 

You would only need Confluence if you wanted to connect a Knowledge Base to your Service Desk. To create automations, follow the below path.

You must be at least a Project Admin to do this

1. While in the project select Project Settings in the bottom left of the menu
  2. Navigate to the Automation section
  3. Create a new automation by selecting Add Rule in the top right
0 votes

Thank you for the response. If I select a user to mention in the automation, how would that user get notified? 

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hey @Bill Rachilla

Lets try to keep the comments under the original answer so we don't make new answers that are actually just comments.

That user would get mentioned via an email notification if @ mentions are set up in the notification scheme.

Do you have any tutorial on that? Thank you!

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Here is Atlassians documentation on Notification Schemes. Hopefully that helps!

If this does answer your questions, please mark my first answer as the answer so this thread is marked as resolved. It helps the community out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events