It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is confluence required for automation alerts in Jira Service Desk Cloud

I'd like to set-up automation alerts for SLA's, etc. Does that require Confluence?

2 answers

Hey @Bill_Rachilla 

You would only need Confluence if you wanted to connect a Knowledge Base to your Service Desk. To create automations, follow the below path.

You must be at least a Project Admin to do this

1. While in the project select Project Settings in the bottom left of the menu
  2. Navigate to the Automation section
  3. Create a new automation by selecting Add Rule in the top right

Thank you for the response. If I select a user to mention in the automation, how would that user get notified? 

Hey @Bill_Rachilla

Lets try to keep the comments under the original answer so we don't make new answers that are actually just comments.

That user would get mentioned via an email notification if @ mentions are set up in the notification scheme.

Do you have any tutorial on that? Thank you!

Here is Atlassians documentation on Notification Schemes. Hopefully that helps!

If this does answer your questions, please mark my first answer as the answer so this thread is marked as resolved. It helps the community out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

396 views 11 11
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you