Is anyone implemented mysql database clustering for confluence? Appreciate your inputs.

Kamalanathan September 7, 2016

Confluence DB – Specifically we’ll want to discuss DB clustering and Confluence support for that. From the research I’ve done online so far, it does not seem like DB clustering is supported for MySQL. So, we want to ask on the DB Cluster support. If DB Cluster is not supported, please let us know what alternatives are available to us in providing HA for the DBs or as close to HA as we can possibly get.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2016

Confluence Data Centre is the way to do this.  See https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/enterprise/data-center

Kamalanathan September 7, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah. Data Center for Jira and Confluence look to be the same. It’s HA for the actual application, meaning getting HA for the web interface, but they all show diagrams back to one DB making the DB the potential single point of failure. I’ve been doing some research on MySQL Cluster support in Jira and so far what I’ve found is that Jira does not support it because the DB type “Node DB” is not an official format supported by Jira. Your thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events