Is anyone else negatively affected by the recent update to Required parameters the Task Report Macro

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

A couple of weeks ago, we started to get reports of the task report no longer working for people at my company. 

It looks like starting in June, the Task Report Macro has started to require the Spaces or Pages value to be filled in.  Rather than continuing to show the action items assigned to an individual who is selected, it now just says "edit to setup" 

However, the primary use of this by my company is in our "personal spaces" where we create a "landing page" for us to have specific links that we visit frequently, review action items, etc. 

I am assuming that this only got through after converting to the new editor. 

The only criteria that we all use is to select ourselves for the "Assigned To" field. 

Is there any way to select "All" in the Pages and Spaces field?  Or otherwise not make it required? 

I did see the documentation currently reflects the "required" field status - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-task-report-macro/ 

Thanks in advance! 

example.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

@Bridget Maloney 

I was also caught off guard by this.  The only way to view all tasks is to view tasks in your profile or list all your spaces in the macro (You would have to maintain it).

Capture2.PNG

There is an enhancement request here you can vote for. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71390

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

Thank you so much @Brant Schroeder !  We have been using that Tasks listing, thank you so much for calling out to that here!  Even bigger though, I really appreciate you finding that CONFCLOUD issue and linking to it here - this is the big reason I am marking this as answered!  I was able to go to this, add a comment plus watch / vote. 

Thank you again,
Bridget

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders