Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Content By Label macro?

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2020

My teammates and I are experiencing an issue in our Confluence pages that started today. 

Specifically, the "Content by Label" macro is saying "There is no content with the specified labels" but pages do exist with that label.  I can see the label on the pages when I visit them directly, or when I use the search. 

It does seem like there is a pattern where this macro is working for pages within the current space - but not when including pages outside of the current space.   However, there is no Space-specific filter applied and this was working yesterday. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Or have any tips?  Thanks! 

UPDATE:

There's a separate thread over here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Problems-with-label-macros-across-spaces/td-p/1437328

The owner of that thread has 2 open tickets with Atlassian, so we may hear more updates there too.  Thanks again! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brett Henderson July 19, 2020

I have the same issue, where content with labels in other spaces are no longer being displayed. It still shows content from within the current space, but even if I explicitly select "Site Spaces" or the specific Space, it will not show content from other spaces.

This worked previously so it looks like a change made to Cloud deployments.

Brett Henderson July 20, 2020

I've also just noticed that the Page Properties macro is no longer displaying pages with labels from other spaces.

This looks like a recently introduced bug with label searches across spaces.

Like Bridget Maloney likes this
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

Thank you so much, @Brett Henderson!  Great observation!   Hopefully if this is effecting multiple things, it will get resolved soon. 

Like Brett Henderson likes this
Brett Henderson July 21, 2020

I've raised a support issue with Atlassian including a link to this post but no update from them yet.

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2020

Beautiful - thank you so much @Brett Henderson !

Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2020

Thanks again, @Brett Henderson - I'm going to mark this as answered (bc you did answer my question about if anyone else is experiencing this, heh). 

I'm also going to link out to your problem report here: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Problems-with-label-macros-across-spaces/td-p/1437328

Yasir.Bamarni July 22, 2020

We are experiencing the same issue which seem to have started on the 17 July 2020

0 votes
John Vilaikeo July 21, 2020

I'm also experiencing this problem. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events