Is any way to see all pages/macros that consume a label?

Kevin Kondratuk October 15, 2014

The use case is, someone else created a label and I have no idea what it's being used for.  I want to update the page, but I don't want to change it until I know where the data is being aggregated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Do you have database access? If so, then you could write some SQL to return those results. I don't know of any great way outside of that. The page data is in the BODYCONTENT table.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

There used to be an add-on that would index the properties of macros but it has not been updated and does not work in any current versions ... I've tried. If you are still on 4.x that could probably work for you as well. Add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-macro-indexer-plugin Here is a blogpost on how to use it. http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/how-to-search-for-macros-and-macro-parameters-in-confluence-4/

Well, we're on a newer version, but thanks for the information!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2014

Have you tried the "content by label" macro?  Or one of the word-cloud addons?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2014

He's trying to find all of the pages that have macros that use the label.

^ correct

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events