Is anonymous access domain protected in Cloud?

I have anonymous users set up in my company's confluence net (domain) in Cloud. Those users have view only access to my spaces on our confluence net, after I allowed anonymous view permission on all my spaces. I am concerned about this action. Does this make my spaces public to anonymous users who are set up by me in our company's net (domain) or to the general public who is outside my company's net but is on Atlassion's net?

I worked in an internal Confluence server environment in my previous job. My current job has the Cloud base confluence which I am not familiar with, when it comes to cloud based security and permission set up. My goal is to make my spaces public within our company for all employees, but definitely not to anyone outside of my company.  Only few of us need licenses to manage the confluence site, the rest of company just need view only access. I would love to keep the license number under control (< 25). Do I need to switch to host the confluence server internally instead of cloud base to accomplish my goal here?

Any suggestion or feedback are appreciated here! Thank you! 

Sally

1 answer

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 13, 2016

Turning Anonymous Access on in Global Configuration means anyone can access the application. Spaces can have Anonymous Access turned off or on individually as well, if the Application is Anonymously Accessible. 

There is no way to make Atlassian Cloud products limited to a domain.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

359 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you